Peanut Butter & Banana Homemade Dog Treat Recipe
Looking for a healthy dog treat recipe that's easy to make? We love this 6 ingredient Peanut Butter and Banana recipe from PupsWithChopsticks.com. This recipe has no added sugars or oils and will make a great, crunchy dog treat your dog will love.
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant oatmeal)
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (no sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F (162°C)
- Combine the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl
- Knead for approximately 10-15 mins the dough until everything has been incorporated. The dough is supposed to be a little dry and tough. This is because of the spelt flour and it will produce a more crunch and dry biscuit.
- Roll out the dough to approximately 1/4 inch thick and cut out biscuits with a cookie cutter or cut into squares with a knife
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes. The bottoms should be golden brown but not burnt. The biscuits will be slightly soft in the center when you take it out of the oven, but it will harden when it cools down.
- Allow the biscuits to cool for 1-2 hours
As long as the treats are dried out properly, these should last at least 1 month and do not need to be refrigerated. To ensure the treats are dried out properly, turn the oven off and keep the treats in the oven until they are cool. The heat in the oven will help to continue to try to these delicious treats out.
Serving Size: 1 treat
Calories: 22 g
Get more details at PupsWithChopsticks.com.